Teens Rise Up
TRU is a cutting-edge program that empowers and educates young people to step into their leadership, engage in honest dialogue and co-create a more welcoming school community.
TRU gets to the heart of teen experience by examining the issues that underlie the bullying epidemic. Students participate in a two-day workshop with activities that elevate emotional intelligence, facilitate honest dialogue, and as a result, create a more caring school community. Research shows that bullying programs must emphasize real dialogue and emotional intelligence in order to be effective. TRU brings the depth that students yearn for and creates a safe environment for essential interactions.
Teens Rise Up:
- Creates an opportunity for honest dialogue and reconciliation
- Empowers bystanders and allies
- Supports students to stand up for and be proud of differences
- Offers tools to deal with bullying behavior
- Encourages personal responsibility and youth leadership